Friday, January 15, 2010

Product Imitates Nature

You know that time you were in Thailand or India or Bali...relaxing on the beach with a great book in hand, sun shining down on you, crabs scuttling by, the office a million miles away. But you were suddenly very thirsty and at that moment, a guy came by selling green coconuts which he very willingly cracked open for you and stuck a straw in. And at that moment, as you took your first sip of the coconut water, you realised you could drink coconut water for the rest of your life and never miss any other liquid....

Well ok, maybe you have not yet experienced that moment.

But JUST IN CASE YOU DO....and you do not happen to be on a beach in Thailand or India or Bali, or walking around Little India in Singapore, or in fact anywhere near a place where coconuts grown wild and people sell them as a refreshing drink on the street, you can BUY a product which fulfills the same purpose.

Check it out.


Just found these at one of the local asian stores. And...I am a sucker for great packaging. (And yes, I suppose we need to admit that this is a big waste of natural resources for many many reasons so I swear I won't buy another one ever again and I will keep the package from this one for many years and admire it forever....now I feel guilty for buying it and only spending a measly 2 Euros on it based on the fact that it has obviously cost our environment far more...) But I am sitting here drinking 100% coconut water from a super cute little plastic replica with a straw in it.

And now that I have written this blog entry...and processed the fact of my actions while writing...I realize I can no longer enjoy the coconut water or the packaging. Very sad.

Back to work. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wrote a poem--stream of consciousness sort of thing--once about alley picking. Mom