Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Photo collage from weekend















I admit that I wanted to do a much more interesting version of what I'm posting. I was thinking a humorous photo timeline from my weekend. But I'm short on time, so what you get instead is just a photo collage. Some amusing photos in there, hopefully.

Most are self explanatory, so only a couple comments:
All were taken within a ten minute bike ride from our apartment, if not in our apartment.

The angel winged lamp was a cute little lamp we saw (Ingo Maurer is the designer) which had a touch mechanism on the wires to turn it on and off. Andreas seems to think that maybe I could just make one.

Chestnuts are unfortunately not edible - they are horse chestnuts and the building we live in is surrounded by the trees. Bummer. I love chestnuts. Well, at least they're pretty to look at.

The food there is from a really yummy ethiopian restaurant that we visited for the first time since being back here in Munich. I love ethiopian bread - injera - that everything is served on (you scoop up bites of food with the bread).

You have a view of the Isar river near our home.

A little flower shop around the corner (how can you not want to buy flowers at such a shop?)

And of course a Sammy and Sophie shot for you. Sammy looking mad because I am not giving him enough treats for his taste and Sophie hanging out on our stairs spying on me.

Ah - and my thumb maneuver? That's me renting a video over the weekend. I love the 24-hour service - all possible with an entry card and a kiosk that verifies my identity with my fingerprint. Since it's not legal to work in a video store on Sunday, they had to come up with a work-around here. This work-around works for me. Of course video on demand is even better BUT the download time must be taken into consideration (30 minutes to one hour with our broadband speed for a standard movie) AND the fact that the selection currently with iTUNES kinda STINKS, makes us still "normal" video/DVD consumers. I'm sure that will change within 12 months at the latest. (And don't tell me T-Net offers video on demand - have you seen their CRAPPY selection? Terrible...)

4 comments:

Amy said...

And Mighty Weeny??

Aunt Sue said...

The weather looks great. We're having our third straight day of grey days and rain!

Anonymous said...

sammy looking mad???
he just looks lazy!!! *grin*
-baLu

anant said...

hey..

I remember how scared I was of coming close to your cats...:)

-anant