Friday, February 18, 2011

It's been that kind of week...

In our Oracle Time Tracking system (you know, the place that we book the hours to the various projects we are working on for recording and billing purposes), we have a brand new functionality: "Suggested Time Card."

And it is ....well...somewhat helpful. At least it helps because I don't have to search for all the project billing numbers if it in fact is suggesting them accurately.

But this week I had to laugh at the suggestion. Take a look.



According to my staffing in Oracle for this week, I should have worked 83 hours.
Granted, at the end of the day, sometimes it feels like you have worked a 16 hour day (and in fact this week I did hit 12 hours one day), but thankfully this is not currently my real life.

The ironic part...is that I just heard from a colleague that the system is not calculating "utilization" correctly. So if you are booked 83 hours and you only work 48 (as in my case), it calculates your utilization at only about 55%. ARGH!!!!! (Yes, anyone who is a consultant or an attorney knows why this is a problem...)

No comments: