Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cocktails, The Unexpected

Coincidentally came across two cocktail recipes today that made me look twice. I would never make either of them myself, but could imagine trying both of them in a bar. I know a few people who like to mix cocktails, so maybe they would be inspired enough to try one or both of these out for me and tell me how they were. :-)

The first: The "Cold Night In" which I just read about in the New York Times. It's a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup cocktail made with rum. Sounds crazy, but looks beautiful.

If you don't want to make it yourself, apparently you can go try it out here: Clive’s Classic Lounge, Chateau Victoria Hotel, 740 Burdett Avenue, Victoria, British Columbia

and the second,

The "Moogarita" - a beef stock and tamarind concoction that sounds...unusual. But interesting.

Waiting for reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These both sound awful! Mom