Sunday, July 26, 2009

Feast

Christian, Anna, Lorenz and Lucy are headed over and i was in the mood to try out a bunch of new recipes (yeah, indian-i know, i am getting a bit unvaried but after a week of cream and butter in France, i needed to spice things up a bit) so have been cooking most of the day... well, i guess about 5 hours. I woke up thinking about spicy potatoes and peas and told Andreas I would meet him at the gym. Around 11 am i showed up after cooking two dishes. So...5 dishes later, the guests arrive in 10 minutes. Didn't make much of any one thing, just tried out a bunch. Let's see how it tastes. I guess next weekend Andreas can recreate some French crepes. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how was the Indian food? It is one of my favorites. The only Indian cooking I do is: tandouri chicken, curry shrimp or fish, + Basmati rice. I am back to hot steamy Florida. My curly hair + nostrils are happy, but my walking (even early morning) is not!
Love, Aunt Sue

Julie Nathan said...

food was very good, kids were a lot of fun. Glad to hear you are enjoying home again despite the hot and steaminess. just pretend you are in the sauna...