Thursday, September 17, 2009

Diminutive




Back to raining gray Munich now, (well Brussels was just as rainy and gray I suppose), and have been sent to the next client already...which is quite ok. Ramping up quickly. Switching from Pharma to Media - like switching to another part of my brain.

All in all, though the Brussels trip was a lot of work and not so much sleep for a night, had a lot of fun with the UK team (thank you Anand, Bradley, Robert, Richard, Andy, Anthony...) on Tuesday night and during the presentation on Wednesday.

I managed to try a few of the Belgium specialties: a plate of frog legs, plenty of fries, some very nice mashed potatoes, a couple glasses of Chimay ale, a bite of a crepe and a bite of a waffle, some chocolate (wasn't that impressed...), and the most expensive (22 Euros!) but very tasty hamburger I think I have ever eaten (which is admittedly not Belgian.)

Was overwhelmed by one ever-present feature in all the streets of Brussels. The famous Mannequin Pis - which they even sold for 8.50 euros in the minibar of my hotel room. You wander around the city and this guy is EVERYWHERE. An hour before I headed to the airport to head home I made Bradley take me over to see the statue, which was only a few streets away from the hotel we were in. As we approached, I was astounded by the size of the thing which has left its impression all over the city (even saw a painting of it on a coke machine at the airport). It can't be more than a foot and a half tall. I exclaimed "that's it?!" and Bradley said "yup." And the 20 tourists that were standing around looking at the thing cracked up laughing and started nodding at me.




Need to look up the story behind the statue I guess...

No comments: