Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oktoberfest For IPhone





I admit it, I am not a big Oktoberfest fan. For me...it's a bunch of people drinking way too much beer. It's usually cold and drizzly, you need to fight your way into a tent and when you get in, the crowds are even worse. The beer is way too expensive, the food is too salty (drink more beer), and I don't know any of the weird German songs they sing. I'll stop complaining now.

The other day...actually I guess this was yesterday morning, I got into the elevator at the client I am working with at the moment with Dominik - one of my (former - now he is working for the wrong company) Sapient colleagues - who (of course) had visited the Oktoberfest over the weekend.

"Did you go?" he asked.
"No way," I said. "I don't like Oktoberfest."
Saying this is sort of like spitting in the Pope's eye in Bavaria. Sacrilege.
There must have been 20 people in the elevator. And it was a really short ride - just up one floor. But everyone kind of glared at me (they were all probably hung over from the night before) and I gulped and stepped out of the elevator with relief. hehe....next time...will not be so honest so loudly....

This morning I found a way to experience Oktoberfest in a new way. Ironically, the company I am working for at the moment has launched an Oktoberfest iPhone application. For only 99 cents (Rohit...I will be expensing this - Dirk's idea....a good one I think) you can download a nice little game to your iphone where you can experience all the joys of Oktoberfest. ;-)

Without the hangover.

No comments: