Saturday, October 16, 2010

Auer Dult













Headed here for a few hours today.

Looking forward.



Trust me, you do not need to understand what the German speaker is saying. Just look at the nice video.

My interpretation to come later.
_________________________________
About 10 hours later now.
Ok, so all-in-all....a bit disappointing. It was sort of like a Christmas market 6 weeks before it should happen. Worth walking around for an hour or so...but not so much more. Granted, had I been in the market because I needed a lot of kitchen goods, it probably would have been more exciting.

Still, I did manage to pick up a couple totally random things that I have wanted/needed and which are not easy to find. Things like...an egg "pricker" - one of those little devices that you prick an egg with before you boil it so it won't explode. And a vacuum cleaner head that my cleaning lady has been asking for - especially good at picking up cat hair. And a couple super thin leather strings for some beads that have been sitting in my closet unused because I couldn't find anything thin enough to string through them. And a loaf of bread. Which I could have gotten anywhere, but hey, it looked like a really nice loaf of bread.

Meanwhile, the stroll through the market still interesting - there was an antique section, a kitchen section, the requisite gluewein and bratwurst, etc. food section, the kids ride area (no luck getting them to let me on a pony...), the works. Anyone want a hand-painted personalized ceramic beer glass, please let me know. The market is open for a week.

Finished off the day nicely, though - mid-day reading, haircut in the afternoon, and Vietnamese dinner out with the Schmidkonz clan (new place, very yum). My bachelorette weekend so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun video!!!!! mom