Thursday, October 14, 2010

Impressed!


Ok, check it out. Notice anything different about this tram shelter ad???

No? Well I did. Unfortunately, I only noticed it at the last second before my tram pulled up. There in the lower left corner is a QR code that you can aim your phone at, click a picture and then get more info about the service. In this case it's an insurance company advertising....not sure what - retirement/pension funds? Retirement insurance? Need to check.

What's awesome about it is the fact that just a few weeks back I was complaining that this was missing from an ad at the very same tram stop. And there it is. What's funny is that a fairly conservative and old fashioned company is using the technology and their target audience unfortunately probably has no clue what a QR code is. But as we say in German, "immer hin." ("always in the direction" or in English, "baby steps.")

So cool stuff.

When I get home tonight I will check and see what the QR points to...would be interesting to see how well the company handles that part...

No comments: