Saturday, December 4, 2010

Groupilarious

Some months back I signed up for the daily email from Groupon - both in Munich and in the bay area - just to see what kinds of deals would come through. FYI: Groupon is the company with a pretty cool new(er) business model. It's a "group buying" concept - the idea is that a business can offer a deal to a large group of people just because it is a large group of people buying it - the company is profiting because so many people are buying. When the minimum number of people sign up for the offer, the deal is "on" and everyone who participates get the thing/service (e.g., 50% discount on a meal in a restaurant). I have yet to actually take part in a Groupon deal. But I like the idea and even though most of the daily email has ended up in my email trash can without a second glance, occasionally I click and consider.

Long story short, I was getting sick of the emails. Got around 3 or 4 per day and I never purchased, so I thought...ok, let's give it a rest and unsubscribe.

But these guys are really THE MASTERS.
Look what happens when you click "unsubscribe."


Ok, no big deal. I am unsubscribing. Little guilt. Oh, but look, I can "PUNISH DEREK." Jeez. Obviously a joke. But let's click to see what happens.

Ah. Derek gets a talking to and some hot coffee poured on him. Not nice.

I quickly signed up for the newsletter/daily deal again. :-)))) (So I could write the blog....I unsubscribed a second time. Ooops.)

No comments: