Friday, December 17, 2010

One Two Three Four (courses)





Wein Cantina.
Nice place. We were there last night (group of colleagues and I) to celebrate with a team dinner. Some of the nicest food I have had in a while and some great company. Isn't it nice when you can honestly say that you like your co-workers? And that many, in fact, are your friends in "real life?". I, for one, say that is a sign of a successful workplace/job.

Anyway, so were were spoiled a bit last night with 3 official courses and to start also an amuse bouche. You see here: 1) the amuse bouche - a vitello tonato with a sprig of Japanese shiso leaf, 2) a really divine salmon tartar with some sort of lemon butter dressing....3) duck breast on barley with thyme jus, and 4) a molten chocolate cake with a maracuja (passion fruit) sorbet. I think my favorite was the first course - the salmon tartar. I was tempted to ask for the recipe...maybe I can "taste it out...." somehow....I have some ideas.

No comments: