Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Facebook Hacked and I Lack a Sense of Humor

This morning at around 10 am, a strange person appeared in my facebook newsfeed.

ROY CASTILLO.

You know him?

Yeah, me neither. And apparently a whole buncha other people don't know him either.

This person or someone posing as this person apparently hacked their way into thousands of accounts and posted a short message:








So I looked at his profile. No more news really there...

















And then I tried to block him, but he seems to have figured out a way around that:


















Meanwhile, looks like Zuckerberg's fan page was hacked around the same time:












But I cooled off when i started to read what people were tweeting about the hack....and had to laugh...take a look:




























And finally, I sent a friend who works at Facebook a quick message asking what to do...his reply: a solution is in the works...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, everyone send him a friend request! ;-)

Unknown said...

i like it much better when you blog about food...well i suppose roy buying lunch is about food...either way, what's for chinese new year?

Julie Nathan said...

Roy seems to be gone now....would be nice if Facebook would tell us what happened and how he managed to hack everyone...

Tracie, no plans yet for Chinese new year. Although last night I made a nice chinese/thai-style black rice and duck breast dish for dinner - with carrots, peapods, mini corn, scallions - was very nice.

And I saw a good recipe on the New York Times website yesterday for "Longevity Noodles" (with chicken breast, ginger, mushrooms), that looks like it is worth testing out.