Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quick Pics





Having a lovely time here in the UK...
Two nights ago went to a pub with the guys I am working with at the moment after work. There are Nick, David and Ralf. Bunch of David's friends from "outside work" and Nick's girlfriend joined us as well. They all went to see a movie afterward, but I was afraid I'd be dead tired the next day and begged out - would have gotten back to my little room after midnight most likely....

Last night ended up near Picadilly Circus with a colleague from the German office who is working on another project here in London. He wanted to eat Chinese food in China town but didn't know where to go. So I walked up to a Chinese woman on the street and asked for a recommendation. And...she gave us a great recommendation. The waiters there suggested a really yummy dish of eel in a honey and black pepper sauce.

Finally, a shot of the tube this morning, which was a TRIAL. It took me 1.5 hours to get to work, which was ridiculous. I had to wait for about 5 trains to go by before I could get on one that wasn't full!!! wow. London is a beehive in the morning and evening during rush hour. You can barely move, but somehow everything seems to be a well-coordinated system (when it doesn't break down) of streams of people buzzing their way to and from work...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie. Mom here. London looks so fabulous. It's hard to believe that Dad and I have never been there. Sorry about all the travel delays. Thank heavens for those nice cubbies! xo Mom

Anonymous said...

England is currently on my boycott list due to the rise in anti-Semitism. I exchanged France for England. Judy will be moving out April 1, and our grandchildren will arrive for Passover. Emily had an art work of hers published in a new book. When Cindy lets me know more, I shall share the news. Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

hey julie, greetings from ham... i have to acknowledge that besides keeping up with ur life the blog has got another advantage: keeping u informed with my live as well... so FRA is going on well, it took us 2 weeks to fix a contract, however, we made it.... new area of business again, so quite exciting. If i think back of all the industries i have looked in over the past 10 years, i admit consulting does have interesting aspects as well... my nokia 6310i left me afte i think 4 or 5 years, so i philander with new ones as well... looks like sony k810 will accompany for the next years - maybe a bit cheaper alternative to the beloved iMakeMoneyPhone... workingdays are short these days and weekend crowded, so hope to talk/chat to2 on eastern...