Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pumpkin Season



We're fast approaching the day of the Pumpkin (well, a bit over a month to go), and I wonder again if I should have a Halloween party or rather let Mallorie host it again this year. (Americans have this duty, you know, when they live abroad....). This year, (as opposed to last year...) I don't have such a brilliant costume idea, I mean, not yet, anyway. Although i think last year's iphone costume is *still* sitting around our offices. I need to really throw it away. Or at least upgrade it to an iphone 4.

Meanwhile, the pumpkin recipes are starting to come out in scores and pumpkin recipe lunches are starting to appear in the office as well.

In honor of Oktoberfest, (yeah, we still have over a week to go of the craziness here in Munich....), I think Munich should be importing pumpkin beer (here's a Portland brewery that seems to craft a fine one...), if not brewing it locally. Maybe I can find a beer brewing kit online and get a batch out in time for Halloween. This little hokaido has been sitting on my dining room table for awhile, waiting to be transformed...

No comments: