Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ribbit Mobile

I have been following this company for over a year now waiting for them to role out their service because it looks so cool. And then they were bought by British Telecom (BT) some time back and I thought DAMN IT....cause I thought that they would be only offering the service as some sort of B2B offering or only to BT customers. But....looks like this is not the case. While they are still pursuing B2B revenue streams (their technology just incorporated into Google Wave for voice functionality!), they seem to finally be offering a consumer service as well. But....I'm still frustrated. I just went to sign up for the private beta, and it seems as though you need to be from the US or UK in order to participate. I could simply say I am from the US, but then I would need to have a US mobile number....and I guess there are even work-arounds for this - I could sign up for a US-based Skype number - but I just am not into the hassle. Hoping that they will role it out in Germany sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Role out?