Friday, March 5, 2010

Night Stroll Through Zürich

Spent about an hour and a half wandering around Zurich last night (finally!). Ran into this woman, who offered me a drink of water. (nonverbally. It was kinda a gesture...). Not quite sure if this is a Swiss affliction...or just a random "I forgot to put on my other half today when I got out of bed this morning." I declined the water and kept on wandering.


















Came across these cranky bunnies in a shop window. They look really crammed into that box and I am guessing that is why they are cranky. But for now I decided to let them sit there and talk it out. I don't think I am a good bunny mediator.





















Towards the end of the stroll I came across this bookshop and went in and grabbed a book to take back to the hotel and read. All in all, a nice relaxed evening.



But did I mention? The prices of food here are really really astounding. I mean normal, every-day, nothing fancy food. Thank you for my per diem. Gosh.

Oh, one more thing: I edited these photos slightly with the (partially) free online tool Picnik. Really nice. I hadn't heard of it or used it before. Then Google bought it a couple days ago...so I read an article...and I gotta say - am really impressed. For my photo editing purposes, this is GREAT. Compared to paying 800 bucks (or whatever it is) for a copy of photoshop...wow...Even the premium version is a steal.

No comments: