Friday, June 19, 2009

Mango Munch

I read an article a couple days ago about how the trade restrictions
between India and the US are loosening up on some Indian imports.
Specifically: mangoes. So now some of the coveted varieties which have
never before touched the pallettes of nomally produced-spoiled
Americans (at least those in the big metros) will make their way onto
the plates there. My lunch today was on the light side because of my
work load. I made a quick stop in one of the Asian food stores a
couple blocks away from work to pick up some basics for the weekend.
Saw some pretty amazing Indian mangoes on the shelf there so grabbed a
box (4 big ones in there.) 6.95 euros for 4, so definitely pricey. Had
one for lunch, gave one away to my account director, and brought two
home. We used to eat them a lot more when we lived in Singapore, but
the good ones were a lot more accessible there. I just have to convice
Andreas not to put them on his chocolate muesli in the morning. ;-)

No comments: