Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Venting Corner



We have this magic word over here: FUSION.

You know what it means? No, you don't. FUSION is a kind of project we do over here.
When you work on a fusion project:
  • People can produce twice as much in half the time
  • Quality is automatically included in the first draft
  • Nervous clients get deliverables days before they are actually due
  • All work can be performed in parallel despite any information dependencies
  • There is LESS need for communication between team members, not more
  • Everyone is always in a good mood, even when they don't get enough sleep and work long hours
  • Client politics don't get in the way of working effectively or efficiently
  • It is possible to pretend that producing 3 documents really isn't much more than producing 1 document
  • The project is always profitable
  • There is no pressure, no stress
There is only the magic...of fusion.

Today I wore my red shoes. Just like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. They are not ruby slippers, but if I click my heels together and chant "There is no place like home," I feel certain that I will finish cranking out at least 30 brilliant powerpoint slides by the end of the day. :-P

Sarcasm.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your 'fusion' entry, I thought: this sounds teriffic! Almost too good!?
There is not meant to be a sarcastic undertone in between your lines here, or?
:-)
Anyway, one way or the other I hope you had a positive experience doing your normal or triple dose of Powerpoint slides :-)

Julie Nathan said...

I wish we could use the past tense. :-P A week to go until the PPT hell is over....I mean..the fusion magic.