Saturday, June 13, 2009

Scrub a dub dub

Just back from a pretty leisurely day. Slept in, which I really needed (if 7:30 am is sleeping in?) It was bright in the bedroom, so it felt like it was time to get up... Then read the news for an hour and drank (gooood!) coffee which our hotel does not offer-although I have had much worse, so I shouldn't complain. Gym as usual. I'm pretty stiff at the moment because of the combination of strange bed, concentrated and long hours in front of a computer, and not enough exercise during the week. I really have to push for team yoga or something. ;-) So gym felt good, but maybe I'll head to the yoga studio tomorrow rather than the gym. Lunch, reading, sleeping for an hour and then out into the sun. It was a beautiful day here in Munich today. Sun was out, air was cool, and people generally in a good mood. I spent about two hours biking and walking around downtown, which was absolutely packed with locals and tourists. I don't think I have ever seen it that full. One of the stores I popped my head into was "Lush," a store that sells handmade soaps. I have to laugh because the place makes me strangely hungry. The soaps are made in these massive cakes and you buy slices or lumps by the gram. All kinds of crazy colors, ingredients (honey, lavendar, chocolate, roses, fruit, etc..) and names. I was tempted to buy a bunch to sample...but they were pretty pricey, so wanted to come back when I have some more time to look around. I just couldn't choose and ended up walking away with nothing. Next time I'll buy the stuff with gold sparkles...will show up at work covered in glitter.



They handed me a free sample of "Sonic Death Monkey" as I walked out the door - a liquid shower gel. The name of the stuff doesn't help me understand what it is supposed to do. So perhaps - just apply and watch what happens.

No comments: