Friday, May 15, 2009

Aloo Paratha: tasty but wrong

Probably only one entry today because I am doing some training most of the day, but here's a quick one.

Last night, wanted a simple dinner and decided to try to make aloo paratha (whole wheat indian bread stuffed with spicy potato filling). I'd seen a recipe with pomegranate seeds last weekend that sounded really nice.

My results? Well, too thick, not round as they should be. I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong. Here's a photo of how they turned out:




So this morning (had aloo paratha for breakfast...and looks like I will be eating aloo paratha for a while based on the fact that I made 12...but at least I froze half of them) I googled it - should'a done that LAST night - and found this indian woman who did a great demo of how to make them.
Will try again....in a few months...when I run out of the ones I made. ;-)

No comments: