Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memories of Mexico

No idea yet what exactly will appear on the dinner table tonight, but it will be something out of this, a gift from my sister:



















And it will have salmon, because that is what is in the refrigerator at the moment. And avocados. I was leafing through the cookbook this morning and my recipe notes from our trip fell out. I remember scribbling them down. Marta, our cook for the week, dictated the recipes I asked for (after eating her food all week and watching her cook, i knew what I wanted), while I scribbled (yes, I know, I have really terrible handwriting - comes from the fact that I use a computer too much).



















We (the girls) were sitting around in the kitchen drinking margaritas, freshly showered, sun-baked, cool tiles under our feet. I think the guys were all busy hunting hermit crabs on the beach. :-)

So, major difference will be we won't have this:














for a view out the window. And...well...no sisters, parents, nephews, brothers-in-law around. :-(

No comments: