Monday, May 11, 2009

Need Dabbawalla ;-)

Yesterday's biryani was good, but the recipe, which was supposed to make 4-6 portions made more like 8-10. So...we are left with a lot of biryani. Brought some to work:


...and Mallorie said she'd help me eat it. :-)

Still, some days I think it would be nice to have the Mumbai Dabbawalla service here in Munich, even if totally impractical for this city. I might imagine a team of German dabbawallas dressed up in lederhosen? Although I pass on the bavarian food - not a big fan of Schweinekrustenbraten mit Semmelknödel und Rotkrautsalat.


And I think the tupperware...while practical...is not nearly as beautiful as carrying your lunch around in something like this:


Or even better - the Singapore version:


I could hang it over my bike handle.

No comments: